Salvage, Test AAEON EMB-B75A Industrial Motherboard
(Above) Review, test of AAEON EMB-B75A motherboard salvaged from dumpster. Had 1 Gigabytes RAM, quad core 3 Gig processor.
Announced in 2013 it is no longer available. Plenty of these have shown up on Ebay for around $70.
One location offers a new board for $160 minus processor and memory.
This is one the best boards I've found.
It was salvaged from scrap highway control equipment. To quote:
The EMB-B75A provides dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, a SATA 6.0Gb/s port and two SATA 3.0Gb/s plus four USB 3.0 and four USB 2.0 ports for robust expansion and connectivity options. USB 3.0 provides upgraded bandwidth from 480Mbps to 5Gbps, thus greatly reducing data transfer times...
reliable and cost efficient motherboards come in the Mini-ITX form factor and onboard industry leading Intel Core i7/i5/i3 processor while the Intel B75 chipset offers support for up to 16GB of DDR3 1600 memory...
Ref. https://www.marketscreener.com 05/10/2013.
- Exploring Digital Computer Electronics
- Presario 1999 CM1001 Gaming Computer Salvage
- Hardware Review Connecting PC Parallel Ports
Download entire spec sheet: EMB-B75A.pdf.
I tested this on Debian 7 and Debian 10 Linux. I also added an additional 1 gigabytes of RAM.
In Fig. 1 I added a wireless ethernet card to the single PCIE-Express 16 slot. I connected a set of USB speakers.
Fig. 2 top view AAEON EMB-B75A Motherboard.
Fig. 2 is the top view of the mother board. One problem was the USB 2.0 and serial connectors have an odd 2.0mm pitch. Most connectors are 2.56mm.
I have not been able to find connectors and had to make my own.
The SATA connections included 2X SATA2 and a SATA3.
Fig. 3 rear panel view AAEON EMB-B75A Motherboard.
Rear panel view includes 3X HDMI and 2X RJ-45 ethernet connections. Plus 2X USB 3.0 and 2x USB 2.0 plus keyboard, mouse, VGA, audio.
Because this was embedded there was no I/O plate and I've not been able to find one.
- Main Light Fast Linux Desktops with Openbox, JWM
- Test Reuse Surplus PC Power Supplies
- Add WBAR Launch Dock to Raspberry Pi
- Add MPG123 Terminal Music Player to Raspberry Pi, Linux
- Basics of Alsamixer Audio Control for Linux
- Add Solid State Hard Drive to Raspberry Pi
- Beep a PC Speaker Add Beeper to Raspberry Pi
- Using FEH Wallpaper Setter Under Linux
- Scrot Lite Weight Screen Shot Software for Linux
- Using Light Weight Beaver Text Editor
- Install Viewnior Image Viewer for Linux
- Zmixer ALSA Sound Control Tutorial
- Tutorial Xinitrc Desktop Manager Control for Linux
- Setup Raspberry Pi Using JWM Window Manager
- Off Site:
- Web Master
- Tri-Cities VA-TN
- General Science
- Hobby Electronics
- US Constitution
- Christianity 101
- Religious Themes
Web site Copyright Lewis Loflin, All rights reserved.
If using this material on another site, please provide a link back to my site.